Since this blog is owned and run by an American, I am subject to American laws.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) issued rules that went into effect on
December 1, 2009. These rules state that product reviewed on blogs must include
a disclosure as to whether they received the review products for free or received
Below is a list of the sources from which I receive books. Regardless of the
source, all reviews are the honest opinion of the reviewer.
1) My Life. One Story at a Time. receives free digital galleys from the online galley
2) My Life. One Story at a Time. receives books from the author or publisher, either
in print form or electronic form, for review.
3) The fine print: Any links to places to purchase books are provided as a
convenience, and do not serve as an endorsement by this blog or by the vendors.
All reviews are the true and honest opinion of the individual reviewing the book.
4) Most importantly, the method of acquiring the book does not have a bearing on
the content of the review.
“My Life. One Story at a Time. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC
Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a
means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to
will not be shared or distributed by My Life. One Story at a Time. I will not
contact you directly unless you sign up to receive my email or I email you to
inform you that won a giveaway or if there is a problem with a giveaway that
tracking device. If you choose to click on a link that takes you away from
My Life. One Story at a Time., you may possibly be tracked by cookies or other
devices on that site.
However, in some instances, such as giveaways, your mailing address and/or
email address will be passed along to the publisher, author, or other prize
sponsor, for the distribution of prizes. By providing your email address and/or
your name and mailing address you are authorizing My Life. One Story at a
Time. to pass your information along to the giveaway sponsor for prize
distribution. If I request your name and mailing address and/or your email
address as part of a giveaway, you can leave it in the post or use the contact
form found on every page, so that your information is not out in public.
If you have a question concerning this policy, you can email me at email@example.com
If you have a suggestion for a giveaway, let me know and I will look into it.
- You must be 18 to enter. If I have reason to believe that you are under 18 and you enter anyway, you will be disqualified.
- If an author or publisher donates a book or prize, shipping will be contingent upon their requirements and/or limitations.They have the right to change their mind about awarding the prize. I am not responsible if the prize gets lost in the mail.
- If you don't follow the directions for entering, you will be disqualified. You need to leave a way for me to contact you - email address, twitter name, etc. or your entry will be disqualified. If you prefer for that info to remain private, use the contact form to send me your info and be sure to reference the contest and your comment.
- The winner is responsible for any and all taxes, import fees, etc.
- I accept no responsibility for lost or damaged goods.
- The winning entry is selected via or Rafflecopter
- You have 36 hours to respond to my email/tweet or I will re-draw.
- Information that I collect from you or about you is not shared except as needed to send you your prize or verify your entry. Your information is not sold, ever. Any information provided as a result of following ie GFC info, subscribing via email, etc. is private and not shared without your permission.
Authors and publishers, if you are interested in coordinating a giveaway, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org