Monday, June 2, 2014

Just Too Easy by Gail McFarland (Review)


"Believe half of what you hear, and none of what you see," doesn't really apply to Karalee Marshall because she's not really hearing any of it. Deaf since the age of ten, Karalee is a smart woman. When she discovers that her husband of more than twenty years is cheating on her, AGAIN, she decides to put a stop to it -- by finding the Other Woman a new man.
Putting her plan into motion, Karalee learns that her husband isn't just cheating on her, he's cooking up a whole lot of other mess. And it seems that every time she stirs the pot, something else surfaces. As things come to a full boil, the last thing Karalee is expecting is to find a sexy lawyer in the mix.
Gail McFarland was once the girl known for never failing to get an 'A' in Honors English.  She fell in love with the magic of fiction at the age of three, and today she is the published author of more than 100 short romantic confessions and short stories, numerous ebooks, and ten popular contemporary novels.

Best known for her contemporary romantic novels and her pointed approach to mainstream and "chick lit", Ms. McFarland has been a contributing member of The GA Peach Authors and the Atlanta Black Writers.  She is also a dedicated and nationally certified wellness/fitness advocate, with more than twenty years of experience. Widely known for her positive and inspirational approach to exercise and health, McFarland is a popular speaker and trainer. Following her personal mantra of, "If I rest, I rust," she is currently an active fitness instructor, health coach, wellness consultant, and community health volunteer.

A native of Cleveland, Ohio, Ms. McFarland now makes her home and place of literary creation in Atlanta, Georgia.


Purchase JUST TOO EASY in these formats:

My Review:
It wasn't what he said to me; it was what he didn't care enough to say. It was the lies he would use to try to keep me next to him; lies that would flay flesh from bone and shred my heart.
I found JUST TOO EASY by Gail McFarland, a very intriguing book. It was about a woman who finds out her husband isn't everything he appears to be and she sets out for revenge of the worst kind. She befriends his mistress in hopes of finding her a worthy man - other than her husband. What happens next is unveiling of lies and deceit that go beyond your imagination. 
It was like some kind of really bad joke: how many women did it take to make Ben Marshall happy? Answer: I don't know. How many have you got?
I enjoyed the author's style of writing, as it is much like my own. I found no fault from a grammatical or plot standpoint. The book was full of love, anger, heart-break, deceit, friendship, and getting even. That's a lot to pack into a book and in my opinion, the author did it well. I'm giving the book 5 stars. It kept me turning pages wondering what this poor woman was going to find out next and how she was going to handle the information, and whether or not that hubby was going to get his final comeuppance. 
Almost giddy with anticipation, I stood in front of my closet. Wearing only my bra and panties, with my robe on the floor at my feet, I had to pause. What do you wear to a stakeout anyway? Telling myself that it didn't matter, I reached for a black shirt and a pair of tailored black pants, then stopped myself. The man already cheated on me. I'll be damned if I let him turn me into the Ninja Avenger. I put the black clothes back and pulled out a nice blue pantsuit instead. The suit was a good choice. The fit was flattering and it didn't make me look like a low-rent wannabe spy.
Maybe this is God laughing at me. First, I almost get hit by a truck, and I meet Ben. Now I almost get hit by a street full of cars, and I meet his side-piece.

My Life. One Story at a Time. is an Amazon advertising affiliate; a small fee is earned when purchases are made at Amazon through the link above. A free book was provided by the source in exchange for an honest review. Views expressed by authors are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of My Life. One Story at a Time. My opinions are my own. This provided in accordance with the FTC 16 CFR, Part 55. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.