Thursday, May 15, 2014

Confessions of a Paris Party Girl by Vicki Lesage

If you are a follower of my blog, you know that I'm a bit of Lucy. I just finished reading a cute and funny memoir that I think you'll enjoy. Did I mention that she's a bit of a Lucy too?

Drinking too much bubbly. Meeting sappy Frenchmen who have girlfriends or are creeps or both. Encountering problème after problème with French bureaucracy. When newly-single party girl Vicki moved to Paris, she was hoping to taste wine, stuff her face with croissants, and maybe fall in love. 

In her first book, this long-time blogger and semi-professional drinker recounts the ups and downs of her life in Paris. Full of sass, shamefully honest admissions, and situations that seem too absurd to be true, Vicki makes you feel as if you're stumbling along the cobblestones with her. 

Will she find love? Will she learn to consume reasonable amounts of alcohol? Will the French administration ever cut her a break?
  • File Size: 1679 KB
  • Print Length: 239 pages
vicki-lesage-author-photoVicki Lesage is an IT Director by day, writer by night. And a full-time nerd. She loves fondue, wine, math, and zombies. She lives in Paris with her French husband and rambunctious son.

My Review:
There are a tremendous amount of self-published memoirs on the market today and I'll be the first to tell you that many shouldn't be there - not that everyone doesn't have a story to tell, but that not all stories should be published and let loose on the world. I have had the opportunity to muddle through many of them and CONFESSIONS OF A PARIS PARTY GIRL by Vicki Lesage is not one of those.
Vicki headed off to Paris, almost as a default destination, to have an adventure and hopefully meet the love of her life. What she found was not quite the fairytale she had expected. It exceeded her expectations, but not before making her second guess herself a few times as she learned to navigate a strange country and finally find her place in it.
CONFESSIONS OF A PARIS PARTY GIRL is her story and is told in a candid and humorous voice, and it was a delight to read. I laughed throughout the book as she finally found the apartment she sublet and through her journey of finding friends and handling the "loving" Frenchmen along the way. She takes us along for the ride. as she satisfies her appetite with wonderfully decadent French croissants and the rowdy bars where she enjoys a karaoke existence. Vicki gives us a first hand accounting of what it is like to be an American in Paris.
Few memoirs have held my attention the way this book did. The book was not only well-written, it was intelligently written, and of course, the character well-developed! Confessions is not just another memoir, it is a truly entertaining read. I am giving CONFESSIONS OF A PARIS PARTY GIRL five stars and I would definitely recommend it

Kindle  OR  Paperback

My Life. One Story at a Time. is an Amazon advertising affiliate; a small fee is earned when purchases are made at Amazon through the link above. A free book was provided by the source in exchange for an honest review. Views expressed by authors are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of My Life. One Story at a Time. My opinions are my own. This provided in accordance with the FTC 16 CFR, Part 55. 

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.