Thursday, February 27, 2014

Weldon Family Christmas by Jennifer Saints (Review)

The heartwarming and passionate love story between the parents of the Weldon Brothers, John and Emma, which began during war-torn Vietnam at Christmastime, and the bond that binds their hearts and family together throughout the years.

Image of Jennifer Saints
Under a barrage of nagging by BFF's, I've been told my bio was boring, not at all a reflection of just who I am beneath the surface, which is a compliment...I think. So, what can I tell you about me?

I don't play video games or watch horror because I can't take the heat, but give me a kick ass thriller every minute of every day and I am there. Be prepared for a Hoover Dam meltdown if you're with me and the movie is sad. So, to avoid disaster, I love romantic comedies.
Never coffee. Always tea. Never beer. Always champagne. There's more, but hey, gotta save some secrets until after the first date, right?

I grew up in Miami. Went to nursing school in Georgia, where I now reside. I wrote for nine years before I sold a book, which made me a firm believer that a person should NEVER NEVER NEVER GIVE UP ON THEIR DREAMS.

Besides great kids, family, and friends, that perseverance has so far garnered me a USA Today Bestselling tag. I write in a number of genres and have won a number of writing awards, two National Choice Awards, three Maggie Awards, a RT Book Club Reviewer's Choice Award, the Daphne du Maurier Award, the Marlene Award, and the Golden Heart Award to name most of them. I work with several amazing women in a charity to raise money for a shelter that helps abused and homeless women and children and also contributes to the Angels of East Africa. I've revived my nursing career after a long hiatus, and currently work in a surgical clinic.

I write romance because I believe that when you take a human being to the very core of his existence, then you will find that what matters more than anything else is to be loved and to give love.
My Review:
My favorite thing about author Jennifer Saints' writing is that you do not feel the need to proof the book. Her books are well written and edited, which makes reading a pleasure, not only because you aren't constantly finding errors, but the characters are well-developed and the story line draws you in, in such a way you are right there living and breathing with the characters.
THE WELDON FAMILY CHRISTMAS was a delightful read. The book was written with Chapter flashbacks to the Vietnam era when the matriarchs of the family first met. The story transitioned from present day to back in time and back to present day flawlessly - and that is not always easily accomplished. It portrayed a real family with conflicts and history, that pulled together when the head of the family has a medical crisis.
The author did a wonderful job in setting up characters that you knew you wanted to learn more about and the book left you eagerly awaiting the next story.
THE WELDON FAMILY CHRISTMAS is definitely worth every bit of five stars and beyond. The writing was fantastic. The story was well written and I couldn't find absolutely anything wrong with it. I highly recommend the book.
Purchase The Weldon Family Christmas and other books by Jennifer Saints on Amazon
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. The book is definitely a keeper. A handy companion on lonely days.


Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.