Tuesday, February 18, 2014

How's your pillow treating you? Seriously!

If you are me, this is a serious question. I'm not someone who falls asleep the moment their head hits the pillow, or in my Hubby's case as it is on the way to the pillow. I really expect him to hit the back of the bed one of these days. He honestly falls asleep before his head hits the pillow - must be nice.
I am always in search of a better pillow because I'm convinced that the perfect pillow will send me into dreamland that much sooner. I am also rough on a pillow. I punch. I squish. I beat it. And, after all of that, I plump it up and expect it to become a cloud on which to lay my weary head. 
I was contacted recently to receive and review the Sweet Slumber pillow by Reverie. I actually ignored the email the first time around and agreed when I got the second email. No reason, just wasn't sure how legitimate the email was. Now, I'm glad I did agree. 
I received the pillow and couldn't believe how heavy it was. As I began to read the enclosed literature, I realized where the weight came from. The Reverie's Sweet Slumber pillow is composed of shredded natural rubber to simulate down. I received the standard/queen size but it is also available in a king size. It is 100% cotton quilted, and the cover is removable and machine washable. The pillow is also hypoallergenic, anti-bacterial and dust mite resistant. 
The Reverie company was founded in 2003 and is a leading manufacturer of adjustable foundations, mattresses and pillows. Going to the website and requesting a catalog would answer any curiosities you may have. It is a really interesting system.
Getting back to the pillow, my initial thoughts after doing my squish, squeeze, pound test was that it really did resemble a down pillow - which is what I use. I put a pillow case on it and tossed it on the bed to try out. The first two or three nights I really loved the pillow. It was like sleeping on a down pillow. I could do all my pounding and fluffing and then sink down in a cloud of soft pillow to sleep. And, I slept good on those first few nights. 
Around the fourth night of sleeping on the pillow, I began to notice a slight rubber smell. I continued sleeping on the pillow for an additional three nights before I went back to my regular pillow. Although originally, I slept wonderfully, the smell began disturbing my sleep. Aside from the smell, the pillow is fantastic. It is soft and I was able to snuggle into it for sleeping. I truly am disappointed that I could not continue sleeping on the pillow as those first few nights were really restful. 
The bed system looks interesting, but I would be leery of trying it because of my experience with the pillow. If the company can find a solution to the rubber smell, I would not mind purchasing at least the pillows, and perhaps in the future, the bed. 
The web site and additional information can be found at: www.reverie.com
I am unsure of what I might rate the pillow due to the smell. As I said, it is truly a comfortable pillow and has many things going for it. I plan on contacting the company to see if they perhaps have a solution. If they respond, I will definitely add their response to this post. 
I received the Sweet Slumber pillow free of charge in exchange for an honest review. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.