Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Guardians of Stone by Anita Clenney

Guardians of Stone (The Relic Seekers)Kendall Morgan is a human bloodhound. Spending her childhood hunting relics with her ambitious archeologist father, she knew the two of them shared a sixth sense for the history and location of objects—sometimes even people. What she didn’t know was that their paranormal gift could ultimately be their undoing.


After the tragic plane crash that killed her father as well as her childhood best friend, Kendall dedicated her life to finding and protecting relics. When mysterious, sexy billionaire Nathan Larraby hires her for his latest expedition—the search for four powerful relics —she’s thrown into a world of high-octane danger. He sends brooding mercenary Jake Stone to watch Kendall’s back, but he may have created danger of a different kind.

As the team chases down clues, a man called the Reaper makes a play for the artifacts and will stop at nothing to put them to his own sinister use. What’s worse is that Nathan hasn’t told the whole story, and the dark secrets he’s keeping could cost them the mission…and their lives.


Anita Clenney
Image of Anita ClenneyNY Times and USA Today bestselling author Anita Clenney grew up an avid reader, devouring Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys books before moving on to mysteries and romance. After working as a secretary, a Realtor, teacher's assistant, booking agent for Aztec Fire Dancers, and a brief stint in a pickle factory (picture Lucy and Ethel--lasted half a day)...she realized she'd missed the fork in the road that led to her destiny. Now she spends her days writing mysteries and paranormal romantic suspense about Secret Warriors, Ancient Evil and Destined Love. 

Anita lives in suburban Virginia, outside Washington DC, with her husband and two kids. 

You can learn more about her writing at www.anitaclenney.com. Also find her on Facebook and Twitter.
http://www.anitaclenney.com
http://www.facebook.com/anitaclenneyAUTHOR
http://www.twitter.com/anitaclenney
http://www.linkedin.com/in/anitaclenney
http://www.goodreads.com/anitaclenney
http://www.mysteriesandmargaritasblogspot.com


My Review:
Having enjoyed the book immensely, I was rather surprised at the reviews that the book has garnered. I felt the book was very well written, the author’s vivid descriptions allowing the reader to become part of the book, part of the chase. The book had an eccentric cast of characters that kept you on your toes throughout the book.

I got caught up in the story as I pictured the hiking trail and swinging bridge as two of the characters traversed the hillside (to give more examples would give too much away). The author went into a lot of detail about the castle and the hidden passages, catacombs, etc. I was fascinated by this and felt she did an excellent job. The author also managed to disperse humor in conversations throughout the book.

I enjoyed the intrigue and the author brought about a cliffhanger that I didn’t see coming, leaving me breathlessly awaiting the next book in the series. I am giving .... the five stars I think it deserves.

If you found my review helpful, please consider voting "yes" for my review on Amazon. Thanks!! 

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1KIK5TDIK73K3/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=1612186548&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=


Guardians of Stone can be purchased on Amazon by clicking the icon below:


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.