Friday, November 30, 2012

Fire's Ice by Brynna Curry

Elemental Magic - Book 5

Ultimate power, or endless love?


Born the son of a Scottish laird a thousand years ago, but now trapped by his cousin's spell, Devin McLoch has seen countless battles and death. The erstwhile thief has turned away from darker pursuits to lead a life of peace, protecting those he loves and considers part of his clan. However, there is one woman he can never forget, who must be given a chance to change, to accept her heart and his.

Arianne Farrell is just as dangerous and intoxicating as her power. Imprisoned in an ancient stone dance more than a thousand years ago, her only chance at freedom from the spell is through love--a love she denied. When Devin asks for her aid to save another from imminent death, she realizes there is more at stake than just her freedom or her heart.

WARNING: Two stubborn sexy wizards using magic with no bounds, scorching love scenes, and happy ever after. Ever play with fire? 

A Lyrical Press Paranormal Romance

Author: Brynna Curry
Genre: Romance/Paranormal
ISBN9781616503956
Length: Novella
Word Count: 25,000
ePub Page Count: 83
Formats: pdf, epub, mobi
Publication Date: June 18, 2012
Series: Elemental Magic Book 5 


Brynna Curry's Story

Image of Brynna CurryOfficially? - A life long believer in the importance of reading, Brynna Curry grew up writing stories and reading all things paranormal. She combines her love of the paranormal and mystical with the style of the romantic suspense novels she enjoys today. She loves comments from her readers.
When she isn't writing, you may find her at the local library or the park with her children. She makes her home in the Deep South with her husband, son, two daughters and their redbone hound "Diablo".

Visit Brynna Curry at www.brynnacurry.com

Unofficially--I'm a southern girl from Alabama who dreamed of being an author. I grew up all over the south from Tennesee to Mississippi and back to Alabama again. I always loved to tell stories as a kid. I was the shy type, you know, the book worm all the cheerleaders torment during school, so books were my escape, my sanctuary.

At sixteen, I met my high school sweetheart, a football player with a black belt in karate (imagine that) from a neighboring school. At seventeen a month before my high school graduation, our son was born and I put my dreams on hold. Through sheer grit and alot of help from my family, I got my diploma and enrolled in college with a grant as a Cosmetology student. I would have rather taken journalism classes or something writing related, but it was more important to provide for my son and help my fiance finish school so I chose a quick program.

Between work, the baby, and full time college classes that I hated, I buckled under the pressure and dropped out and entered the school of LIFE, opting to work full time and be with my baby. In '95 on my birthday our oldest daughter was born, followed by another daughter in '98. My dream of writing was lost in a shuffle of work, bottles, diapers and survival.

I kept making up stories, but they remained in my head and on random pieces of scratch paper. Then in 2002, my husband caught the flu. It was such a violent strain and didn't respond to fast working antibiotics. While in the hospital, he was diagnosed with type two diabetes. For three weeks, I watched over him day and night, giving medicine and trying to give him enough fluids to stay hydrated. He doesn't remember those weeks; he was unconscious for most of it.

I starting writing again and researching his illness during those early morning hours to keep from going crazy with worry.

A lot has happened since then, the kids are teenagers and my time is more my own. Writing has always given me such peace and knowing. My characters that were once silent refuse to leave me until I tell their story and they live in a world of paranormal chaos.

Brynna Curry is my sweet alter ego specializing in light paranormal romance and suspense. The third book in my Elemental Magic series will release January 17th, 2011.

Brianna Roarke is my bloodthirsty alter ego, dabbling in dark paranormal romance. Gypsy Moon, a werewolf novella, is available now with Red Rose Publishing and through Amazon of course.
So, now I write because I love it. I judge writing contests because I enjoy helping others. I review books of all sorts for You Gotta Read Reviews, moderate their guest blog and website, and serve as the review editor for Apollo's Lyre. I still work as a secretary for great bunch of people.
Tada gar irraccht. Nothing without effort.

Blessings,
Brynna

I'd love for you to visit me on Facebook, Twitter, and My Space as Brynna Curry.
OR stop by my blogs
http://brynnacurrybriannaroarkebooks.blogspot.com
http://brynnacurry.wordpress.com
http://paranormalwriters.blogspot.com
Or my website
http://brynnacurrybriannaroarkebooks.webs.com


My Review


It’s been a while since I’ve sat down with a magical mystical story and it was a nice change of pace. And, being of Scottish decent, I love reading stories about the Scottish lairds. 

The author wove together a fairytale of two kindred spirits, and while possessing an abundance of pride that gets in the way more often than not, the characters also possess a deep ability to love, and in the end it shines through.

I thought the author did a great job with the story line. It was definitely a page-turner. After a little exploring, I found out that there are four books that precede this one. Having started out with the end and enjoying the book, I am left wanting to grab the other four and start from the beginning. I love a series and this promises to be a great one.

I am giving this book five stars. For those of you who enjoy magical stories, I am sure you will enjoy this one.

If you found my review helpful, please consider clicking on the link below and voting "yes" for my review on Amazon. Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2PU3B87DH9CX4/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the lovely review. I'm glad you enjoyed the story. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.