Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Birthday Bumps and Bruises

I've been so busy trying to catch up with my reading and book reviews that I haven't even thought about letting everyone know what's been happening here in Southern Louisiana.

Calypso (black) and Ryka (Red)
Calypso and Ryka have been up to their usual antics. They have taken to spending a lot of time parked at the fence waiting for the little boy, Cade, who lives next door to come out and play. Cade is about 18 months and Ryka is in love with him.

As most little toddlers do, he tries to run from Mommy, and when he takes off, Ryka is right along side him - only on our side of the fence. I can see that it wears on her because she would like nothing more than to be right next to him, guarding his every move. I can actually see the worry and concentration on her face.

Calypso, on the other hand, is more interested in chasing the beautiful tail that seems to follow her everywhere. When she finally makes a move on it, she sounds like a vicious snapping turtle! I was watching her the other day, more like watching her face as she was stalking the fury "thing" that seems to elude her in her quest to conquer. I am really not sure if she realizes that it is HER tail. At least she is not chasing Ryka's tail any more. Poor Ryka. Calypso, as a little puppy, would chase, grab on, and not let go.

I've also been cleaning out and organizing my little Garden House. Hubby built some additional shelves for me, and that means painting. I've already used five tubes of caulk, and I still have more caulking to do. There will before and after pictures, of course. I am an organizing guru. It is one of my favorite past times. 

Like mother, like daughter?
Sunday night I was perched on a stool at the kitchen island. Nothing new there, but then I decided to get up. Some how or another my flipflop got tangled in the stool and down I went. I still can't figure out exactly what happened, only that it was "Lucy" moment for sure. The flipflops are now in the give away bag. Even I know when I'm a danger to myself. 

Hubby came running to the rescue - or maybe to see where the earthquake was centered. He even offered to help me up; but having fallen about as far as I could - the floor - I declined the offer and just decided to sit for a while. I even drew blood from a cut on my knee. And, that is how I turned 55 on Monday with about that many cuts and bruises.

I have a load of book giveaways going on. Be sure to browse and see if anything interest you.

As always, thanks for taking the time to visit today!
Be sure to follow so you don’t miss the adventures - because you know there are always more coming!

Enhanced by Zemanta


  1. Aw, so sorry that your birthday was marked by booboos.....hope you are all healed up very soon, and that the rest of your day was much better!
    Take care!

    1. Thanks Snoodles! I constantly look like a kid with bumps and buises! lol

  2. Happy belated birthday.
    You have to be careful around those tricky stools. They really like to cause problems at times. Hope you're not feeling too bad and you heal quick.

    1. Thanks Lisa - what really frightens me is that I could have done some serious damage with just a silly fall. Now I really understand how older people - wait is that us already - break bones.

  3. I offer you the advice my mother gave me when I first started Flying, "be careful" there are those of us who care for you, including your dog's, plus I really like your site!

    1. Hi Wingman! The sad thing is - the more I am careful, the more I seem to hurt myself. I need an armor suit! As for those dogs! I tripped over Calypso one night when it was raining and sprawled on the ground. Then, they naturally had to check to see if I was okay, so I had two 70+ pound shepherds on top of me, licking me. Thanks for stopping by.


Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.