Saturday, October 6, 2012

Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel (Review) by Sylvia Day

Bared to You: A Crossfire NovelGideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness... 

He was beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily... 

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private worlds...and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...

Sylvia Day:
Image of Sylvia DaySylvia Day is the New York Times & USA Today bestselling author of over a dozen novels. A wife and mother of two, she is a former Russian linguist for the U.S. Army Military Intelligence. Sylvia's work has been called "an exhilarating adventure" by Publishers Weekly and "wickedly entertaining" by Booklist. Her stories have been translated into thirty languages. She's been honored with the Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award, the National Readers' Choice Award, the EPPIE award, the Readers' Crown, and multiple finalist nominations for Romance Writers of America's prestigious RITA(R) Award of Excellence.
Sylvia also writes under the pseudonyms:
S. J. Day -
Livia Dare -

What is being said:
"I read this story over a sweltering weekend, and I was glad I had the air conditioner on full blast since this book cranked up the heat even more! Reaching the last page in this lusty, earthy book was sweet yet sad. I wanted more time with these fascinating characters." - First for Women
“An erotic romance that should not be missed.”—Romance Novel News 

“Richer and more real to me than many of the contemporary books I've read in a while.”—Romance Junkies 

“This is one of those books that I’m glad I read and I can’t wait to see what happens next to Gideon and Eva.”—TheBook Reading Gals 
“Hot and steamy…awe-inspiring.”—Sizzling Hot Book Reviews 

"The writing and sex scenes were better in "Bare to You" but I just did not connect with the plot or the characters."

My Review:

          I read this book for book club. Everyone, or most of us, had already read at least one of the Fifty Shades books. I reviewed all three on my blog last year before all of the controversy started. So, with Fifty out of the running, Bared to You came up.

          What did I think of the book? Well…they were either thinking about having sex, having sex, or just finished having sex and thinking about the next time. Everyone (book club) agreed that there appeared to be a plot in the beginning, but it somehow fizzled out – you know – with all of the thinking about sex, having sex, or thinking about sex again.

          I, along with several other members of book club, finished the book feeling as though we were only given half the book. There were several different characters brought in to the story that could have – and hopefully will in the second book – been a little more developed and at least one of the avenues explored and resolved. The book literally just ended and left you hanging and unsatisfied; unless you remember the having sex, thinking about sex…

          I am rating the book a 3 simply because nothing was resolved in the first book, and I think that it is crucial to at least resolve and bring closure to something, before heading off to write book two.

          I am curious. Has anyone else read Bared to You? What did you think of the book?
If you found my review helpful, please take a moment and vote yes for my review on Amazon by clicking the link below. Thanks!

Bared to You and other books by Sylvia Day can be purchased on Amazon

     I don't know what this says about me, but, yes - confession time. I purchased the next book. I couldn't help it. I wanted to know if any of the story lines were solved!

Next book up for book club: Outside the Lines by Amy Hatvany


Enhanced by Zemanta


  1. sounds like a book with no real story or realistic content, thanks for the review be well

    1. It wasn't realistic. Beautiful, perfect people. Loads of money. Drive around the block in the limo while we have sex (straight from the book :)


Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.