Thursday, September 13, 2012

Not Fit for a King by Jane Porter


Not Fit for a King? (Harlequin Presents)
          It was the stuff of fairy tales: Hannah agreed to help out a princess, and within hours finds herself engaged to a king! This dangerous charade has to end fast – the electrifying chemistry between them feels far too real…and the king!
          Zale’s royal bride-to-be looks like the pampered princess he’s being forced to wed-yet she’s transformed into a feisty woman who makes his blue blood run hot! But is she fit to be his queen? Zale will just have to tempt her out from beneath her tiara to find out!






Jane Porter:
Born in Visalia, California, I'm a small town girl at heart. I love central California's golden foothills, oak trees, and the miles of farmland. In my mind, there's nothing sweeter in the world than the heady fragrance of orange blossoms on a sultry summer night.

As a little girl I spent hours on my bed, staring out the window, dreaming of far off places, fearless knights, and happy-ever-after endings. In my imagination I was never the geeky bookworm with the thick coke-bottle glasses, but a princess, a magical fairy, a Joan-of-Arc crusader.

After my years of traveling and studying I had to settle down and earn a living. With my Bachelors degree from UCLA in American Studies, a program that combines American literature and American history, I've worked in sales and marketing, as well as a director of a non-profit foundation. Later I earned my Masters in Writing from the University of San Francisco and taught jr. high and high school English.

I now live in rugged Seattle, Washington with my three young sons. I never mind a rainy day, either, because that's when I sit at my desk and write stories about far-away places, fascinating people, and most importantly of all, love. I like a story with a happy ending. We all do.


REVIEW:

          In the first book of the series, we meet Hannah, personal assistant to Sheikh Makin Al-Koury, and King Zale.
          Hannah, while overseeing a polo match for the sheikh, meets Princess Emmeline who’s resemblance to Hannah is uncanny. Little does she realize that her life is about to take a 180 when the princess asks her to switch places for a few hours.
          When a few hours turn into a few days, she is forced to board a plane to meet the princess’ intended, King Zale.
          King Zale, expecting a pampered princess, is caught off guard by Hannah’s feistiness, strong-willed personality, and her kind heart.
          Hannah continues to impersonate Princess Emmeline, and against her will, finds herself falling in love with Zale.
          Along with the primary characters, there is a small supporting cast of a loving nanny and a mentally-challenged brother that add another element to the story.
          As in true Jane Porter fashion, she weaves a wonderful love story with characters you can’t help but love, along with scenery so vividly described that you feel you are there. Add a little Jane intrigue, and you have the perfect weekend read.
          If you are not already a Jane Porter fan, you will be by the time you finish this book (series).

Not Fit for a King and other Jane Porter books are available on Amazon.com



If you found my review helpful, please take a moment to vote yes by clicking on the link below. Thanks!


We have a 5 dollar gift card and two books from Jane's back list for one lucky commenter. Just leave a comment with your email to be eligible. 


         I received a copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased and honest review.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great book.
    I've never read a Jane Porter book, but it looks like I need to check her out.
    Thanks.
    lisa(at)vetteklisa(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I love stories about Kings and royalty! I'm gonna check this one out for sure!

    My email is: rhomybp@gmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.