Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Lady's Revenge by Tracey Devlyn


A Lady's RevengeNothing gets between a lady and her vengeance...
In a daring rescue, beautiful and wily secret operative Cora deBeau is reunited with her childhood friend Guy Trevelyan, who wants so much more from her now than friendship...

He'll Stoke the Fire Until They Both Go Up In Flames...
But Cora's mission against the French has become personal, and the thought of revenge is driving her relentlessly. Even the fire between her and Guy won't deter her. Except Guy isn't going to allow Cora to break free of him. He's going to stoke that fire until they both go up in flames...

Tracey Devlyn
Image of Tracey DevlynTracey Devlyn writes historical romantic thrillers (translation: a slightly more grievous journey toward the heroine's happy ending). She's a co-founder of Romance University, a group blog dedicated to readers and writers of romance, and Lady Jane's Salon-Naperville, Chicagoland's exciting new reading salon devoted to romantic fiction.

An Illinois native, Tracey spends her evenings harassing her once-in-a-lifetime husband and her weekends torturing her characters. Her debut novel, A LADY'S REVENGE, released April 2012 (Sourcebooks Casablanca). Book Two, CHECKMATE, MY LORD, will be available February 2013.

For more information on Tracey, including her Internet haunts, contest updates, and details on her upcoming novels, please visit her website at http://www.TraceyDevlyn.com. 

Want information about Tracey's new releases to be delivered to your email inbox? Consider signing up for her newsletter http://traceydevlyn.com/contact/.

Tracey can also be found at http://Twitter.com/TraceyDevlyn or http://www.Facebook.com/AuthorTraceyDevlyn.

My Review
          When I reached the acknowledgements and began to read that this is a debut novel, I was stunned. The novel read like the work of a seasoned author. I had completely forgotten that this was her first book. It was that well-written.

          I loved everything about it. It had a great story line. One of the things I enjoyed the most was that the book not only encompassed a daring heroine, it included an intriguing cast of characters.  There were Dinks and Bingham the Raven’s loyal servants, whose constant humorous bickering back and forth, hid the underlying affection and love they felt for each other. Then, there was Jack, the manservant and his mite of a sister, Grace.     

          One of the intriguing aspects of this novel was it wasn’t so much a romance, as it was adventure. And, the adventure wasn’t just played out in one culminating moment; it had many twists and turns with surprise events throughout the book. I had no idea what dark, historical suspense was until I read A Lady’s Revenge. There were secret spies, and kidnappings, fights and torture, and even humor. A Lady’s Revenge quickly reminded me of why I love these books so much.

          The book did have very dark parts and I found some of them difficult to read (my imagination took hold). I was in awe of Cara. She was a very strong woman and I loved her character. Imagine being a woman spy in the 1800s.

          Devlyn has set the bar very high with A LADY'S REVENGE, and I am very interested to see how she tops this book with her next. For a debut author, she has definitely hit a home run!


A Lady's Revenge can be purchased on Amazon in e-book or book form:





If you found my review helpful, I hope you will take a moment and vote yes for my review by clicking on the link below. Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/review/R35FEZL032U8P7/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=1402258224&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=

  I received a copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased and honest review.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.