Thursday, August 23, 2012

Let's Talk Intuition by Darlene Pitts


Let's Talk Intuition, 121 Questions & Answers to Help You Use More of Your Inner Guidance Every DayHow do I trust my intuition? Can my intuition help me reduce stress? How do I use my intuition to find a good relationship? In Let's Talk Intuition, intuition consultant Darlene Pitts answers these questions and many others clients have asked her over ten years, to show you how quick and easy it is to use your intuition at home, work, school, and play right now.     

Intuition is your natural ability to sense the truth about people, places, things, and situations without using logic, physical senses, or prior knowledge. In this book, Darlene describes the ways your intuition helps you save money, time, and energy in twenty-eight areas of life, including career, finances, health, and relationships. Realistic examples and true intuitive experiences detail how eight intuitive senses guide and protect you each day. Included is her three-step process to ask your intuition questions about any life situation and sense accurate answers.




I would like to welcome Darlene Pitts, Intuition Consultant, to my blog today where we are featuring her book Let's Talk Intuition.


Image of Darlene PittsDarlene Pitts is an intuition consultant, speaker, and author of Let's Talk Intuition and Discover Your Intuition. She also created a set of 65 Abundant Living Cards to help people use their intuition to create financial success. She teaches intuition development courses and conducts individual and business consulting. Her intuition articles have been published in several magazines and on Internet sites. She performs speaking engagements with a focus on the use of intuition in personal and professional ways. Her mission includes spreading the joys and benefits of living the intuitive way. Visit her website at www.inspirationandintuition.com 

Links: Main Website | Author Blog | Twitter | Art Site


Guest Post:

All Things Intuition by Darlene Pitts:

When I decided to write about intuition, I found my mission in life. And I unknowingly lived it for years. Intuition is our natural ability to sense the truth about people, places, things, and situations without using logic, physical senses, or prior knowledge. I couldn’t keep what I’d recognized and learned about intuition to myself, especially when people asked, “What is intuition? How do I use it?” In my self-published book Let’s Talk Intuition, I answered those questions and many others.

Intuition plays a key role in every area of our lives and informs us in ways beyond academia, logic, and common sense. In my writings, intuition allows me to incorporate several genres: self help, spirituality, inspiration, poetry, comedy, and horror. Yes, horror. Living the intuitive way is often like living in the Twilight Zone spotlighting social issues and unexpected endings. We sense things about our health, finances, and talents. We sense job offers, transportation problems, and sudden deaths. Even when we sleep, our dreams generate more intuitive experiences—literally and symbolically.

In Let’s Talk Intuition, I state, “Each person is born with intuition and his or her own intuitive style.”Seers see images in visions and dreams “out in space” or in their mind’s eye. Sentients perceive information by diverse feelings or sensations within their body. Listeners hear various sounds “out in space” or in their head, throat, or heart. Knowers know information “out of the blue” and withoutknowing how they know. Tasters taste various substances without putting anything in their mouth.Scentrists smell various scents “out in space” or via their inner nose. Speakers speak abrupt, insightfulsayings to others and themselves without thinking what to say. Singers sing sudden, edifying songs to others and themselves without hearing external music. We are a mixture of all of the above, validated by the intuitive messages we receive every day. While writing my book, new intuitive messages arrived while older ones returned to my consciousness. Like lifelong teachers, they wanted to be included to help people understand the different types of intuitive messages communicated. Each provided an excellent story for a corresponding question, such as “How do I know what my intuition tells me is real?” “Can my intuition warn me about danger?” “Is intuition always right?”

Some people recognize they’ve used their intuition since childhood; others, later in life. Either way, being aware when their intuition communicates, trusting it, and acting on its guidance are vital. People often ask, “Why do I ignore my intuition?” The reasons vary per person and per intuitive message. The top five reasons people ignore their intuition are: 1) they doubt their intuitive messages are true, 2) they fear ridicule or rejection from others if they talk about it, 3) they fear the truth, 4) their intuitive messages conflict with their desires, and 5) they rebel against being told what to do even when the advice comes from their own intuition.

Let’s Talk Intuition contains realistic examples and true intuitive experiences. My goals are to empower people and help them know that they’re not alone when they intuitively feel other people’s pains and pleasures, when they intuitively hear disembodied footsteps and voices in their home, when they intuitively know about weather and geological hazards, when they intuitively sing about their true and false friends … and hundreds of other intuitive experiences. All things in life include all things intuition.


My Review:
          I have always been fascinated by my intuition and many things that I have seen have to come to fruition; so when I was contacted to review Let’s Talk Intuition, I jumped at the chance.

          I found the book extremely enlightening. I had not realized that there are so many intuitive senses, Intuitive seeing (which is mostly how my intuition manifests itself). Intuitive feeling (also one of my intuition senses). Intuitive Hearing (imagine the ability to hear different sounds), and Intuitive knowing (imagine knowing you should go someplace or leave before trouble). There is Intuitive tasting (the ability to taste various substances without putting that item in your mouth), and Intuitive smelling (imagine your nose warning you of something). Intuitive speaking (the ability to speak abrupt, insightful sayings without having to think of it first); and Intuitive singing (I cannot imagine bursting into song and having that song tell me something.)

          You may have one, two, or three of these senses, or all of them. They sometimes work together to give you messages. The book goes into detail about how to work with your intuition and the author provides numerous examples that further explain the concept to you. She offers exercises to help you be more in tune to your intuition, and its message.

          Let’s Talk Intuition is written in a simple question/answer, explanation format that easy to read and understand. There are 121 questions and answers to help you learn to listen to your intuition and to learn to use it on a daily basis.

          So, whether you are new to listening to your intuition or someone just looking to hone their “listening” skills, this is a great book. It will give you the confidence you need to listen to your “gut” feeling.


Darlene Pitts has graciously offered a copy of Let's Talk Intuition to one lucky person. 

One paperback copy of Let’s Talk Intuition, open internationally until August 31st. To enter, comment on this post stating you’d like to enter the giveaway and stating one way you use your intuition. The winner will be announced on this post and contacted to obtain a mailing address. Don't forget to leave an email!

Let's Talk Intuition can be purchased on Amazon.



While you are there, I hope you'll vote yes for my review.

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. this post is very interesting and easy to read .... I hope to visit again

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.