Tuesday, June 5, 2012

All Things Southern - It's All About Family


I first met my four children on an orphanage’s steps in the sweltering heat of the Philippine jungle. I’d traveled around the belly of the earth to finally, at the edge of middle age, become someone’s mother.


(My apology to Christine. I am still trying to get the picture of her wonderful family to come out.)

Despite my self confidence, maturity proved flimsy preparation for motherhood. My children were as badly abused and malnourished as any of the world’s Forgotten Children. My two younger daughters wore baby clothes even though they were nearing their 5th birthday. My older daughter (age 7) and my son (6) looked like toddlers.

Despite every cruelty the kids had endured they proved warmhearted and brave in ways most of us can’t imagine. Each child harbored goodness, a deep-rooted decency that existed outside the hardships of abuse, abandonment and hunger. As the years passed, I was left wondering—how can children who were so badly treated rise above those memories to become surprisingly good?

That question drove the writing of The Tree of Everlasting Knowledge.

The novel addresses a truth about the human heart we should never take for granted—our ability to be drawn to the light. Yes, the world harbors darkness. Suffering and greed abound. What never make the headlines are the common moments of grace in everyday lives. People helping people. The love that secures a family. The acts of kindness that blossom every day.

If you’ve ever held an elderly parent’s hand or cradled a child in your arms; if you’ve ever waltzed across a dance floor with a man you love or smiled at a stranger for the sheer delight of sharing joy; rest assured—you, too are a Child of Light.


About the author:

Christine’s debut, Treasure Me, and her March 2012 release, The Tree of Everlasting Knowledge continue to earn 4- and 5-star reviews on Amazon, GoodReads and other sites. Treasure Me was recently featured by USA Today as among the best of the Indie novels and is a 2012 Finalist in the Next Generation Indie Book Awards. The Midwest Book Review has Treasure Me listed on BookWatch as “highly recommended.”

Christine has been writing novels full-time since 2004. Look for her next release, Second Chance Grill, in June.

My Photo

Contact her at www.christinenolfi.com and @christinenolfi on Twitter.

The Tree of Everlasting Knowledge on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/757vrfm

Treasure Me on Amazon: amzn.to/xUFodo





From Donna:
      Thank you so much Christine for the wonderful post. Christine is a wonderful author and friend who graciously accepted my invitation to guest while I am out of town. I have reviewed one of her books on my blog; and she continues to be an inspiration to me. I hope you enjoyed her post.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.