Thursday, May 17, 2012

Daddy’s Secrets, Til Death Do Us Part by Lorena Noe


Product Details

Book Blurb (from Amazon)

This is a true story written about an average little girl born into a family of emotional, physical , and incest sexual abuse. And her triumphal struggle for survival! Her mother was nineteen, and her father was twenty, when she was born, and shortly after her birth her father enlisted in the Marines, and her mother went to Virginia to work. Her grandmother became her mother image for four years, and gave her the stability of a strong Christian foundation. Her parents returned four years later as strangers and took her away from her grandmother. The emotional and physical abuse started immediately, and the incest sexual abuse started when she was ten years old, she had no childhood. She escaped from her tragic home life when she was sixteen and became a married woman, and started her family when she was nineteen. She lived a life of fear and deceit because she was afraid to tell her story until she was thirty five years old. Through her whole life there have been many threats of death from her father. She is a survivor! She has lived a successful adult life, and raised very successful children in the business world. Her book will serve as an inspiration for abused children and adults, and help them to become Survivors too! Lorena Noe Toskov Cochran, has been the CEO of the largest Limousine Company on the East Coast, All Stretched Out Limousine Service, Inc., for over a decade. She has been a graduate of three beauty schools, and was a hair stylist, while raising her children. She acclaims her children are her greatest accomplishment! Her parenting skills were achieved from her grandmother, so this was an extremely challenging task. Now that her children are successful business men. During the last season of her life, her goals are to help child abuse victims, children and adults become survivors! And because of her deep love for animals, she also wants to help with animal abuse.



About the Author (from the Press Release)

Lorena Noe has been the CEO of the largest Limousine Company on the East Coast, All Stretched Out Limousine Service, Inc., for over a decade. She has been a graduate of three beauty schools, and was a hair stylist, while raising her children. She acclaims her children are her greatest accomplishment. Her parenting skills were achieved from her grandmother, so this was an extremely challenging task. Now that her children are successful business men, during the last season of her life, her goals are to help child abuse victims, children and adults become survivors.


Book Quotes

            The most vivid memories of my life are not, like normal little girls, of dolls and riding bicycles. They are of fear and torture that threatened my existence. My faith, instilled in me by my grandmother, and the fear of ding gave me the strength to go on, one day at a time, with my miserable existence! Living under such horrible circumstances, I believe the only way I grew into an adult was by the grace of God, stumbling as I went. I was four years old when the emotional and physical abuse started. But the sexual abuse started one week before my eleventh birthday.

            When he first started touching my body, I wondered, is he my real father? Because real fathers don’t do these horrible things to their little girls. Some people say I look like him – I hope not! I remember looking in the mirror trying to see the resemblance. I would often cut my hair shorter and shorter, trying to make a difference in my appearance. I wanted to look ugly. I wanted to look so bad my father wouldn’t want to rape me.

My Review

            The author has shown tremendous courage in bringing her story to the public; and for this, I truly admire her. She (and her brothers) suffered tremendous, life-altering, abuse at the hands of the very people entrusted with her (their) care; those meant to nurture and protect her (them). There are too many people in today’s society, who turn their heads away and pretend there is nothing happening. Maybe “Daddy’s Secrets” will help to open our society’s eyes and instill in us the need to protect the innocent. The scars of childhood abuse carry forth into adulthood, long after the abuse has ceased. If we hope to have healthy, well-adjusted adults, society must ensure that we produce healthy, well-adjusted children.

            The author has a story that the world needs to hear, and she makes an excellent effort. I found a great deal of the book to be redundant, and personally think the book would benefit from professional editing. The author skips forward and backward with great frequency, rather than following through on her thoughts. I felt this type of storytelling detracted from an important story. Throughout the book, I could feel the anger emanating from the author, and while she has every right to feel that anger, I felt the story suffered clarity because of the author’s anger.

            The books bears reading due to the subject content. It is raw and unedited, and it will break your heart. 

Daddy's Secrets can be purchased on Amazon here:




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.