Tuesday, May 1, 2012

All Things Southern - A Crawfish Boil under the Oaks

 




This past weekend, Hubby and I were invited to the annual Ameriprise Financial Mudbugs Day held each spring at Madewood Plantation. It was a gorgeous day with loads of sunshine along with a pleasant breeze; just the type of day your mind conjures up when you think of the old South and visiting a plantation


Since moving away from the northern part of Lafourche Parish, I do not have as much opportunity to see the moss swaying from Oak trees as I once did. It was truly mesmerizing to sit there enjoying the breeze and watching the moss sway. (And, the crawfish weren't too bad either!)





The Plantation is circa 1846 and used to be a sugar cane plantation.

Now that you have enjoyed a few pictures of yesteryear, here are a few from our outing this year.

Mudbugs on the Bayou

Madewood
Old Carriage House


Old Majestic Oak

Hubby likes to wander

Moss



The old 
 
Slave Quarters

The moss in the Oaks

Carriage House

Cemetery

Cemetery

Headstones

Grave Markers

Old Headstones

Cemetery

Enhanced by Zemanta
Map of Lafourche Parish, Louisiana, United Sta...
Map of Lafourche Parish, Louisiana, United States with municipal boundaries (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

2 comments:

  1. I love live oaks and Spanish moss. I'm glad there weren't any pictures of the crayfish. I never ate them and can't really even look at them after dissecting one in my college invertebrate zoology class. *Shudders*

    Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your blog very much. I'm a fellow Louisianian also so I really love to see Louisiana and the bayou as viewed through other peoples eyes. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.