Tuesday, May 15, 2012

All Things Southern - Blue Plate Mayonnaise



It seems like Blue Plate Mayonnaise is a Southern Thing. Who would have thunk it (is that actually a word)? 


My youngest daughter, Katie-Beth, lives in New York City. She assures me that there is NO Blue Plate Mayonnaise in New York City.


IF there were, she would find it. That, and Zatarain's New Orleans Traditional Creole Seasoning; which is why she calls her mama when her cupboard is bare. 


Product DetailsMama, living in Southern Louisiana, has an abundant supply at hand, and is all too willing to stock that empty cupboard for her little girl.  So, when we drive up in June, there will be a six month supply of Blue Plate Mayonnaise and Zatarain's delivered to her doorstep, along with about that much gulf shrimp. So, clear the highways and the by-ways, because South Louisiana is heading to the city with Southern supplies in tow. 
Zatarain's New Orleans Traditional Creole Seasoning - 8 oz.

This only goes to prove that you can the Cajun girl out of South Louisiana, but you can't take the Cajun out of the girl. 





Enhanced by Zemanta

10 comments:

  1. I do enjoy your post, tell me does blue mayonnaise have blue cheese in it ? be well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Wingman! Blue Plate is actually a brand name here in the States. I originally thought it was nation wide, but perhaps not. Thanks so much for popping in to say hi. Donna

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of blue plate mayo. I do buy an olive oil mayonnaise though xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue Plate has an olive oil version. I spit it out. Lol

      Delete
  3. Here in SC it's Dukes Mayo or nothing....there have been tussles in the kitchen over the last spoonful, when tomato sandwiches (another "gotta-have" here in the south!)are being prepared!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Another Southern favorite! Tomato sandwiches. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Over here in the UK, it's got to be Hellmann's!!! Full fat please, if you're going for mayo, you might as well enjoy the proper stuff. I do occasionally make my own, but owing to the UK wide phobia of salmonella, I can never tell anyone if it's homemade or it won't be eaten. NB: haven't killed anyone yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hellmanns is actually my favorite! (I need to check the spelling on that one!) Great to hear from Nicky!

      Delete
  5. I have never heard of Blue Plate mayonnaisse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet post. You are a good mom! I understand running out if the good stuff! I made an unexpected move across the country. I can hardly wait for my trips home to have all my favorites from Mom's cooking to cuban sandwiches!

    I'm visiting from linkreferral.com Love a visit at mommiesandbeyond.com abd my column @ http://www.examiner.com/article/earth-week-upcycled-bird-feeder-project

    Thank-you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.