Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thursday's "Where Truth is the Dare"

Question Of The Day - First Edition

A while back, I came across a little book, "Question of the Day, Where Truth is the Dare". It contains within its covers some very thought-provoking questions. Here is one of those questions. I encourage you to take the challenge. Feel free to comment (because I love comments) or not. I am going to sit and think for a while and see if I will take the dare and post a truthful comment.

What is the best thing anyone ever said to you?

I deliberately did not post my answer to this question because I wanted every one
to come up with their answer spontaneously and not guided by my answer.
Thank you all for participating. I am thinking about doing this every Thursday so I
hope you'll all be back.

My answer is "I love you Mommy". To me, there are no better words.

This book can be found on Amazon:

It's also Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop over at Catherines.

Enhanced by Zemanta


  1. Not certain if you are after something particular there.
    What comes to mind at this moment is, "Mommy, I love you."
    Those are the sweetest words I think I have ever heard spoken directly to me.
    Thank you for the great start to my day. I'll love hearing those words in my head all day long today: D

  2. Best thing? One word - Grandma. That one word can melt my heart, make all my aches and pains disappear, wash away all my troubles.
    Hugs, GraceinAZ

  3. I have so many, but what came to mind for some reason was the first time my grown son and his sweet wife actually came to me to ask my opinion on a decision they were making. I was honored. (I keep my nose out of their business unless asked.) I love it, of course, when they tell me they love me--but that they respected my opinion and trusted me to objective and fair...ahhh! That was the icing on the cake. ;)

  4. This would be an exceptional book to have.

  5. Mine's a toss up between two:

    1) My wife telling me I'm a good father.

    2) My own father telling me that "it's people like you who make a difference in this world" (i.e., taking care of your responsibilities, standing on your own two feet, and being a good husband and father).

  6. I can tell you the best comment I ever received on my blog was something like, "Last person that made me laugh as much as you do was a man I wanted to marry". Considering I'm a woman - that comment tickled me to pieces. Stopping by from Katherine's Corner.

  7. I love you is always the best, followed closely by you are my friend

    Thank you so much for participating in the Thursday Favorite Thins Blog Hop Linky Party xo

  8. My favorites were the first time each of my three babies said my name "mama". I am almost 72 years and those words still ring within my ears.
    Great thought provoking post. Thanks for sharing,
    Thanks for following,

  9. I think please and thank you does it for me great post, I'll be back terry


Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.