Sunday, December 18, 2011

My Crazy Life – I’m sorry, I love you, Help me



December 18, 2011

Did you know the people that are usually the strongest are usually the most sensitive? Did you know the people who exhibit the most kindness are the first to get mistreated? Did you know the one who takes care of others all the time are usually the ones who need it the most? Did you know the three hardest things to say are I love you, I'm sorry, and help me? Sometimes just because a person looks happy, you have to look past their genuine smile and see how much pain they may be in.

            I took the above quote from a friend’s page on Face book. I thought it was interesting and in MY opinion, quiet true. In so far as it pertains to me, people have always thought I am strong person, and I am, don’t get me wrong; but it doesn’t mean I am not also sensitive. You can hurt my feelings in a snap if you aren’t careful. And, I do not have a “poker face” so you will know when you have hurt my feelings.

            I agree that some of the kindest people I know are the first to be mistreated, used, and abused. I could site many examples here, but being the sensitive person I am, I wouldn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.

            Have you ever had a person hug you and you hugged them back only to realize that they really needed to feel someone’s arms around them, no matter how brief the moment. That statement was true as well.

            “I love you”, “I’m sorry”, and “help me” must be the three hardest words for someone to say, because how many times do you hear it? How many times do you hear someone say, “I was wrong”? I would say not many. I do not find it difficult to say, “I’m sorry.” Twenty years of meanness and never once hearing that person say “I’m sorry” taught me how important it is to say those words and not only to say them, but to mean them.

            I also learned the value of admitting that I am wrong. It is life freeing to admit you are wrong or you don’t know something, especially to someone who thinks they know it all. “I love you” is more difficult for me. I’ve been burned a lot in my life so I tend to hesitate before saying those words. I also hesitate before saying, “help me.” I learned to be self-sufficient at an early age and relying on others does not come easy to me.

            Then, there is the last statement: “Sometimes just because a person looks happy, you have to look past their genuine smile and see how much pain they may be in.” This is something people just do not do. There is a phrase that says something like “the eyes are the window to the soul.” Apparently not, because if it were true, my pain would be like a beacon, flashing like the light on top of a lighthouse.

            Go ahead and read the paragraph again.

Did you know the people that are usually the strongest are usually the most sensitive? Did you know the people who exhibit the most kindness are the first to get mistreated? Did you know the one who takes care of others all the time are usually the ones who need it the most? Did you know the three hardest things to say are I love you, I'm sorry, and help me? Sometimes just because a person looks happy, you have to look past their genuine smile and see how much pain they may be in.

            Do you know a strong person? Do you know someone who is mistreated because of their kindness? Do you have someone in your life who needs someone to care for them? Is there someone you need to tell, “I love you” to? Or “I’m sorry?” Are you someone who needs help? Try looking past someone’s smile this holiday season to see if they need a little love.

            If you are reading this, I hope you take a moment to reflect and leave a comment. Thanks. Happy Holidays.

Donna


Enhanced by Zemanta

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very touchy post. It helps me rethink on the way i used to behave. Thanks a lot. This is a real eye opener...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your nice comment
    :-)
    http://gharkhana.blogspot.com/
    Following you gladly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful thoughts; thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual you make me think, it's not difficuly nor is it painfully, however others may find the opposite. As one of those that tries to help everyone, I know I am strong, and I know I am loved, even though I do not hear it enough nor do I say it as often as I should and I also know that I do not need a lot of help , for i am strong, but with age I also know how to ask for help. I must admit to say NO is very difficult and to ask for help ranked on the same scale but it is doable. So while I have the opturnity ot say YOU are LOVED by many and I love you!

    have a wonderful holiday and Merry Christmas an Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this post. Thank you for writing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Donna,

    I'm just stopping by to thank you for being a follower of my blog this past year, and to wish you a very blessed new year. We all try so hard to bring great books by way of our blogging reviews to so many people..I can only hope to reach the same numbers you do in this coming year. Thanks for being there for me this year.
    Thanks for being you,Donna!
    :]
    Deborah/TheBookishDame

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.