Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"We must use what we have....

“We must use what we have to invent what we desire.”
― Adrienne Rich

I am thinking that this quote is telling me to take my little stories (what I have) and make a book (what I desire.)

What comes to mind when you read this statement?  Please share your thoughts.


  1. I think it is telling me that what I desire is all around me, I just have to put it together. (some assembly required)

  2. All of us have tools to transform our surroundings for the better.

  3. I think that is a wonderful ideal. Good Luck on your book!
    Visiting you from Blogaholic.

    Patricia aka Mamaw

  4. I'm a new follower from the Monday Mingle. Such a cute site! Would love a follow back!

  5. Your blog is sooooo cute!

    I really like that quote and I agree that maybe it is telling you to make a book. I am currently working on my first novel, but man it is a lot harder than I thought it would be.

    -your newest follower


Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.