Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Hour of Tiamat by Lisa Taylor

The Hour of Tiamat

        I am very busy these days with the ever-growing stack of books I need to read for reviews. But, there are so many good books out there waiting to be read that I decided to feature books without my review on my site. I have done a little research on each book and found it worthy of being included in this new feature on my blog (worthy according to “Lucy”- meaning I would review the book if my pile were not so high.) The author’s are anxiously awaiting reviews, so if you see a book that captures your fancy, please feel free to contact the author and let them know that you would like to review the book.

About the Book:

We've all heard of the Mayan predictions of a vast change coming in the year 2012; but it turns out the ancient Sumerian people had a very similar prophecy…

The dreaded Necronomicon, a book of fable said to contain all the ancient knowledge of the Sumerian civilization has surfaced and fallen into the hands of four teenagers in a small Texas town.  Tonight, after years of studying its dark teachings in secret, they gather to call back to Earth those Gods that tried to enslave humanity over ten thousand years ago, and in turn become rulers themselves. 

Under threat of his life, Tristan helps them complete the ritual; but does that mean it is too late to stop this apocalypse? With Evelyn, whose past and future seem inextricably linked to Tristan, their friend Hunter and a host of surprising paranormal helpers, Tristan will race against murderers, monsters, and time itself to shut the ancient gate before our evil creators are upon us again.


About the Author:

Lisa Taylor

Lisa Taylor was born the youngest of three children. She was born in Paris, Texas, but moved all over the United States growing up. She began to read at three years old and write stories and poetry at nine years old. When Lisa was eighteen she was accepted at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, and she graduated in May 2010 with a B.S. in physics. Unfortunately she was medically discharged from the Army a few months later. After a short time at graduate school, she began her writing career. She currently lives in Kentucky with her sister and two beautiful border collies.

My Website:

Facebook:

Twitter:

You Can Buy The Hour of Tiamat Here:




B&N

Publisher

Author Interview:

Please tell us a little bit about yourself.

Well, I'm 23 years old. I graduated from West Point with the class of 2010, but have been honorably discharged from the Army. I also have a degree in physics. I love the outdoors and spend much of my time hiking, repelling, kayaking, and other such things. Right now, I'm living with my sister helping her with school, working part time, and writing.

When and how did you realize that you wanted to be a writer?

I realized I wanted to be a writer when I was nine years old and wrote my first poem. I didn't know if I wanted to only be a writer, or if I wanted to write in addition to whatever other career I chose. I wanted to do many things as a child. However, now that I have experienced a couple of those other careers I've considered, I really would love to devote my life to writing.

What are your hobbies other than writing?

I love to travel. So far I've been to Italy, South Africa, and Peru, where I spent four days hiking the Inca Trail. I have many more places yet on my list. I also love the outdoors, extreme sports (I marked skydiving off my list a couple weeks ago), reading, and playing with my dogs. I'm also a big fan of logic, so I like puzzles, writing computer programs, and math. I study many topics purely out of interest, to include ancient history, biology, physics, neurology, computer programming, philosophy and religion. I guess you could say I'm a bit of a nerd. I also play the piano and sing. Music is the only other joy that matches creating stories.

Tell us something about your books.

My debut young adult novel, The Hour of Tiamat, is an apocalypse scenario based on 2012. What makes it different is that it is based on the Sumerian legends about 2012, not Mayan. I spent a good deal of my life in high school studying topics other than what I was learning in school out of interest, and one of those was ancient history. The origin and fall of Sumer fascinated me, and the mythology of this civilization is what inspired The Hour of Tiamat. Tiamat is in fact the name of the most dreaded God, a dragon, of the Sumerians. The story, however, is not academic, though you might learn a thing or two in a fun way. Four teenagers have found a book that contains the secrets of the Sumerian civilization, and with it they attempt to bring back the ancient Gods. The main characters, Tristan, Evelyn, and Hunter must battle some unexpectedly dark and serious inner demons to stop the evil heading this way.

What is something that most people wouldn't necessarily know about you (that you would be willing to share here, of course!)?

Something that most people wouldn't know about me is how much I get into my stories. My characters are personal friends of mine, and being an author is the only reason that doesn't make me sound crazy! My stories often flow through me, appearing on the paper before I have even consciously created them. They are fiction, but to me they feel very real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.