Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tales of Aradia The Last Witch – Volume 1 by L.A. Jones


Tales of Aradia The Last Witch Volume 1

About the Book:

            Unknown to the humans who hung innocent people at the Salem Witch Trials real witches of the hidden race were killed for fear of exposure. There was not one witch whom survived the genocide of the Salem Witch Trials or at least that's what all the vampires, werewolves, fae, shape-shifters, and other members of the hidden race all thought. But one day a girl named Aradia moves to Salem, MA and all that changes.

About the Author:

            L.A. Jones is a twenty-four old college student from Bethesda, MD. She has a mother, father, and a sister who is also in college. Her greatest passion is her writing, and hopes it will give as much joy to her readers as it does for herself. Tales of Aradia the Last Witch is her first book series. You can contact her on Tales of Aradia's Facebook page.

My Review:

            I loved the beginning of the book when Aradia appeared to such a sweet couple. The first part of the book was enchanting. As the story line grew and expanded, it took off in many directions and I found keeping the characters straight a little tiresome. I feel this was due to the grammatical errors, having to figure out what the word was, and then having to re-read the sentence.

            The book also contained too many grammar and punctuation errors that were easily found and corrected.

            Keeping in mind that the book was YA, I think young females will enjoy the adventure and personality of a kick-ass girl like Aradia. We would have loved to have her talents when we were young. The book does have potential. I am not rating the book because I am finding that YA is not my favorite genre and I would be biased if I did so.

This book is available here:




Smashwords
Barnes and Noble



Disclaimer / Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of the book with no obligation for a positive review.  No compensation - monetary or in kind - has been obtained for this post. 
Cover art and book description courtesy of the author, publisher, or PR firm.

5 comments:

  1. I have a copy of this book, and although I read YA besides sci-fi, the grammatical errors were distracting and I just stopped reading it. Maybe I'll pick it up later?

    I did love the way that she appeared to the parents at first, but I think that the powers were a bit over the top for her age. I would've preferred a slower development of them. I wasn't a fan of the villains in the beginning either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, girlie! Thanks so much for stopping by the Cottage today :) I love your blog, it's quite lovely and homey. Book Blogs is a bit overwhelming, I figure I'll take a while getting to know it. It's very nice to meet you and I'm so glad you were able to feed your book addiction based on my reviews ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks For your reply on theblogfrog! You are a great blogger! i like your posts! Thanks for share with us. keep it up always...

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my hugest pet peeves is when an author sends a book for review that hasn't been well editted. I admire you for sticking with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog:) (!!!) I'm following you back!
    Happy Happy Wednesday to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.