Monday, July 4, 2011

One, two, he’s coming for you by T. P. Boje

One, Two ... He is coming for you

One, two, he’s coming for you
Three, four, better lock your door.
Five,six, grab your crucifix.
Seven, eight, gonna stay up late.
Nine, ten, you will never sleep again.

About the Author:

Image of T. P. Boje

T. P. Boje is a hardcore cartoon lover, Tim Burton enthusiast, and enjoys any movie the Coen Brothers have made (with the big Lebowski being her favorite strongly followed by Burn after Reading). She is also a Y/A fantasy and mystery-writer. She is originally from Denmark but currently living in Florida, USA.
To learn more follow her on Twitter, visit her fansite on Facebook or check out her web-page:

About the Book (from the author):

Once you start One, Two ... He is coming for you - there is absolutely no turning back.

Set in the Danish coastal town of Karrebaeksminde, journalist Rebekka Franck returns to her hometown with her six year old daughter. She is trying to escape her ex-husband and starting a new life for her and her daughter, when the small sleepy town experiences a murder. One of the kingdoms wealthiest men is brutally murdered in his summer residence in Karrebaeksminde. While Rebekka Franck and her punk photographer Sune try to cover the story for the local newspaper, another murder happens on a high society rich man. Now Rebekka Franck realizes that the drowsy little kingdom of Denmark has gotten its first serial killer and soon a series of dark secrets - long buried but not forgotten – will see the day of light.

One,two, He is coming for you the first book in a series about the Danish journalist Rebekka Franck.
Interview with the Author:

Is the life of a writer what you imagined it to be like? 
It is a little harder than you imagine when you are just a small girl. There is a lot of competition and it is really a lot of work writing books. But, since I love it so much I don't mind it.

Tell us something about your books.
I have written mystery novels for five years now and most of them are published in Europe. "One, Two... He is coming for you" was one I wrote in English mostly for fun, since we moved to the States two years ago and I wanted to try it out. Now I have actually tried something completely new for me. I have just written a fantasy novel called "The Eye of the Crystal Ball" and that was really fun. I enjoy writing in English so I think I will keep doing that while I still will write my other books in Danish as well.

What was your favorite part in the book to write? Any part you struggled with, please explain.
I loved writing the parts where the killer gets his victims. That was the fun part - if you can talk about anything being fun about killing, but since it is a mystery, I think you can. I also enjoyed the parts about my main character and her family and problems with her husband.

Did you struggle with any of your characters – someone refusing to develop?
I did not have any struggle writing this, everybody seemed to behave themselves and do as I told them, except the abusive husband who had a tendency to do stuff I had no idea he would. But, I have had problems with my characters before writing other books. You need to keep them on a short leash.

What is something that most people wouldn't necessarily know about you (that you would be willing to share here, of course!)?
That I love cars. I love watching programs about cars like Topgear, I love that show.

If you weren’t writing a novel what other kind of writing might you do?
I used to be a journalist, but I am so happy that I don't have to do that anymore. I wasn't that good at it since I always want to make up my own stories, and that is not very good in journalism, as you can imagine.
My Review:

            I read this and began wondering what I got myself into. When a book begins like this, either you close it really, really quick or you slowly turn the page and look through the fingers of the hand you are holding in front of your eyes. You can be sure I’m sitting on the front porch swing, IN BROAD DAYLIGHT, reading it. This book scares you right off the bat; at least it did me. But, then, I lead a sheltered life.

            T.P. Boje is a well-known mystery writer in Scandinavia and this is her first book written in English. Other than a few language translations gone awry, this book was very well written. The story line was fascinating and left you trying to figure out who the killer was and who would be the next victim. There was a lot of technical information about serial killers in the book and personally, I found it quite captivating.

            There are many times throughout the book where you think you’ve figured it all out, only to be thrown off course. It is a great who-dun-it that will keep you guessing right up until the end of the book.

            Rebekka Franck not only battles her way through red tape to find a killer, but she is also on the run from an abusive husband. She is an award-winning journalist who goes from a high profile job to a job at a local newspaper in the sleepy little town she grew up.The town’s first serial killer begins his rampage shortly after her arrival and soon, she finds herself in the middle of the mystery as she begins to connect the dots. A night long past, rich boarding school boys, a lonely girl, pranks, and retribution bring this book to a surprise ending. I only wonder what mystery Rebekka will be solving in the next book.

            I am giving this book two thumbs up.

            If you enjoyed this book review, please Tweet about it. Thank you.

If you found the review helpful, please click the icon below and check yes on my review. Thanks.

This book is available at:

Barnes and Noble

Disclaimer / Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of the book with no obligation for a positive review. No compensation - monetary or in kind - has been obtained for this post. Cover art and book description courtesy of the author, publisher, or PR firm. 

In response to a question from one of you (thanks so much for commenting!), the author
does indeed give credit to the Freddie Kruger movie for the poem. 


  1. Loved your review. This sounds fascinating. I tweeted it, Donna.!/lauriej170/status/88074919279206400
    Laurie's Interviews

  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog and becoming a new follower. So I took you up on your offer and now i am a new follower of your blog also.. Also, I love your blog design very pretty.

  3. Like you, Donna, I don't read scary books...but this one sounds intriguing. Your review gives someone like me a good reason to read a scary story (LOL)

    Nice interview T.P. and Donna. It's a wonderful way to get to know an author.

    Thanks for sharing.

  4. Donna, thanks for commenting on my page.

    Great review as well. I've been in a mystery/suspense roll for a week and loving it so far. I just finished Before I go To Sleep by S.J. Watson, and am looking for something else...this just might be it:)

  5. Love this review, and I'm really intrigued by the book. I'm wondering though, does the author acknowledge that the poem she is using "one, two, he's coming for you . . three, four . . ." is from "Nightmare on Elm Street"? Does she acknowledge this in her book? If not, she could be facing some copyright issues. Beyond that, this really sounds like a book I'd enjoy. I'm kind of a horror junkie.

    Thanks for the follow by the way, I'm now one of your new followers as well . . . I look forward to your upcoming reviews :)

    Happy reading,

  6. Nice interview! The book is interesting and so is the author. I'll have to read it again and give it more thought.

  7. Great interview, and I would love love love to read this book Donna, great giveaway, thanks for stopping by my blog as well :) please enter me.

  8. wow, nice review, seems like American has really accepted ebook as a format in Africa it will take a long time.

  9. Donna, i understand the western market develops and embrace technology. down in Africa is still largely unacceptable, unless you want to base your market in the west. thanks for the enlightenment and for coming over to my blog. we have allot to share as writers

  10. so interesting to hear alot about you, so do you write fiction? any book in the market? must be really peaceful up there. i live in Abuja in Nigeria now, recently terrorist has been disturbing our peace. i pray we live through it. happy to know about you

  11. i will go through them. and hope you will review my book when is out. Yes, is easier said than done. soon i will join the peace department at European peace University in austria, maybe i will find answers to share with you. maybe i learn the truth. the truth must be faced. well my life have been a literary one, not much trouble.

  12. Nice review as always! I read suspense and thrillers sometimes; this one sounds super-scary! Rae


Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.