Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award

I am A Versatile Blogger - Yay! Here is the award my blog was given by another wonderful blogger, Amanda Reyes. Thank you Manda!

Manda at nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award.

I love blogging, but as everyone knows, writing our posts can be daunting at times, especially when the think tank (brain) is lacking ideas. I really appreciate all of my followers who stick with me week after week. I love reading the comments and commenting back. I also appreciate the hard work everyone does on their blogs.

So, in receiving this award, I was given two things to do. 1) admit seven random things about myself, and 2) nominate five other versatile bloggers for this award.

Please be kind and don’t laugh as you read the seven random facts about me:

1.         I love making up words to fit where there just aren’t any appropriate words. (Example: Awardees - the blogs I am passing the award along to.)

2.         I hate really big bridges; especially the ones that go so high above your head as you are driving across it. I have been known to hyperventilate. I have nightmares about driving off bridges because a section is missing. I even carry around my Pieta book because it says I will not drown if I die with this book on my person (no, it does not say I won’t drive off a bridge.)

3.         I do not trust easily; actually, rarely ever. I have one true best friend and she didn’t come along until I was 46 years old; but what a gem she is (well worth the wait.)

4.         As some of us tend to do, (and the rest is a quote from Amanda (Manda) “I lose myself in blogging. I think it may actually be a little unhealthy. I can mess around with my blog for hours and hours. Whether I'm writing posts, networking, changing the layout of my blog, looking for more books to read. I absolutely love blogging. Even if no one read my blog, I would still do it for me, because I love it.”

5.         I have a real issue with tailgaters! I have been known to slow to a slow crawl to back them off and then resume my speed. There was only one time this didn’t work (and he was an ass.) Yep! All you big truck drivers, I am the lady in the suburban that brought you to a complete halt on the highway so I could turn into my driveway – ya shouldn’t have been following so close!

6.         I am obsessed with my two dogs (German Shepherds, Ryka and Calypso.) I am in love with them. If my husband would allow it, I would have them inside sitting at my feet in my office while I blog. That way, I could combine my two obsessions – my dogs (their pictures are all over my blog), and my writing.

7.         I love to bake. I am obsessed with cookbooks, especially the ones for chocolate (I have 60 chocolate cookbooks alone.) I also have a massive amount of cookie cutters.

This next part is the hardest. How do I pick just 5 bloggers out of all the awesome bloggers I know. Impossible, but here goes.

So, in no particular order: 

1.      Lisa at This girl travels and writes. Don’t we all envy her? YES!!

2.      Jenni Elyse at She has a wonder blog with a little of everything on it. Book reviews, pictures, stories. Great blog!

3.      Adriana Iris at When you visit her blog, you’ll know why I chose it.

4.         Dana Burgess at She writes about everything. Fantastic blog.

5.         Elisabeth Hirsch at There are no words. Wonderful blog.

Check out these wonderful blogs by clicking the links that I have provided. I promise you will love their blogs as much as I do. 

Don’t forget to check out Manda’s blog at:

Thanks to my blog acquaintances/friends for being so awesome! And thanks again to Manda for nominating me for this award; you made my day! 


  1. no.1 and number 6 are totally identifiable for me. I used to have a german shepherd and she was my girl. We lost her at 12 years and 9 months to cancer. GSD are beautiful.


  2. Thank you so much Donna for giving me an award! I've never had one before and I'm not sure what I do with it, but I'd like to put it on my blog. Thanks x

  3. I have to admit I identify with numbers 1, 4 and 5. I love to wind tailgaters up too! I do just the same as you. lol.

    I will put my award you've given me on my blog and think I'll follow the same as you with my 7 things too. I'll have to sit and think about them now.

  4. Well done Donna, I love your blog and think the award is well deserved. I will read the other blogs you mention. Barbara

  5. Congratulations on the award! I have a German shepherd, too. She's ten and her name is Sage. Yours are beautiful. Sage is more black (and some gray now too) than tan.

  6. I am loving the comments here. I am so excited to find out how many of you have German Shepherds. I think the breed chose me as a child and I can't imagine my life without one (or two.) Sentry (her pic is on blog) passed away Dec. 23, 2010 and I was so blessed to find Calypso (puppy) and Ryka came along for the ride and life has never been the same!

  7. You are sooo sweet. You made my day. I've added you to my sidebar ;)

    I have an issue with tailgaters too LOL!

  8. Hi Donna! Love your blog, love this post and love the photos of your dogs! I have a whole bunch of dogs now, but as a child we only had German Shepherds and this brings back memories of mine, an oversized dog sitting in my bedroom while a bunch of little girls played "tea party". Have a good day; you deserved the award, Rae

  9. Hey!
    I really like Jenni's blog as well :) And your dog's are beautiful btw. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I'm following you now!
    Ninja Girl
    P.S. The look of your blog is very inviting. Great job!

  10. Haha, I am laughing so hard about your hating of tailgating. I have serious road rage, so I do the same thing, just to piss other people off.
    Congrats again, your blog is fabulous!


  11. TY TY TY =) I will add the link to the awards page on my blog as well as mention it on tomorrows post.

  12. First, thank you so much for the award! I've actually already received it, but I appreciate the thought! :)

    Second, I love your dogs! They're gorgeous and your puppy is so cute! I've always wanted a German Shepard. My husband grew up with them, but I've never had a dog, let alone a German Shepard.

  13. Oh Donna, bad forgetfulness, thanks a lot for your love! Please do forgive me, it was a gross oversight, I do appreciate your loving thoughts towards Teshuva and I. Do have a super blessed day!


Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.