Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Fun in the Sun Day

Cara had fun in the sun day today at school that involved playing in the water. That was my inspiration for the title to this post. I have one dog who will walk all the way around the house to avoid water and one dog that will walk all around the house to find the water. 

We've been having a slight drought here in South Louisiana (the mighty Mississippi and the Atchafayla Basin run off that has been threatening to flood us all doesn't count as rainfall.) I decided to put the water sprinkler out rather than standing there watering each individual plant. To just stand there would be a perfectly waste of reading time! It did not take the monkey very long to figure out playing in the water might be fun.

In the last picture, you can see Calypso's mouth wide open. For some reason she thinks she can drink her way to the sprinkler. She also attempts to do this when I am watering the pot plants. That was one wet, but happy dog. Notice in the pictures that Ryka stayed far away and high and dry.

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. What delightful dogs! I'm sure they are glad to have you.


Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.