Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Creed Legacy by Linda Lael Miller

The Creed Legacy








About the Book:

Rough-and-tumble rodeo cowboy Brody Creed likes life on the move. Until a chance encounter with his  long-estranged twin brother brings him “home” for the first time in years. Suddenly Brody is in Creed territory—at thirty-three, he’s a restless bad boy among family with deep ties to the land and each other. And a secret past haunts him as he tries to make plans for his future.

Carolyn Simmons is looking for Mr. Right in Lonesome Bend, as the tick tock of her biological clock gets ever louder. Then she falls for gorgeous Brody Creed, the opposite of everything she wants. Until lassoing his wild heart becomes everything both of them need.

Quotes:

“…I was referring, my prickly friend, to the bare-socket electricity arcing between you and Brody all evening. I’m surprised all our hair didn’t stand on end, and our skeletons didn’t show through our skin….”

“…because the nooky-ban obviously isn’t working any better for you than it is for me—which is to say, not at all….”

My Review:

            Linda Lael Miller does it again with this novel. I was looking for something light hearted to read with (sorry) a definite good ending and this book did not disappoint. It was funny and serious. We always expect funny, caught off guard scenes from Linda; but this book had a sad note to it as well. In the end, the cowboy’s heart as well as the cowgirl’s heart will mend with the help of their love.

            Brody Creed, downright handsome and boasting the sexiest blue eyes this side of the great Mississippi, bears a striking resemblance to his brother, Conner. There’s a reason for that, they are twins. Having lost their parents as babies and they were raised by a devoted aunt and uncle.

            The Creed twins have each suffered their share of tragedy and along the way find wonderful women who match them in spirit and that is what seals the deal with this trilogy. I enjoyed the Creed Legacy and you will too. I definitely recommend it.

Disclaimer / Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of the book with no obligation for a positive review. No compensation - monetary or in kind - has been obtained for this post. Cover art and book description courtesy of the author, publisher or PR firm. 

By:              Linda Lael Miller
Publisher:    Harlequin
Imprint:       HQN Books
Pub. Date:   06/28/2011

This book can be purchased at Amazon.com


4 comments:

  1. I loved this line. "the bare-socket electricity arcing between you and Brody all evening."

    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I also wanted to thank you for stopping by the Write Game. Great to have a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chose your blog for an award. Check it out on my blog. http://lindsey-gray.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-first-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I think some sadness in the story gives it depth. The hero's blue eyes sound intriguing. Thanks for following my blog and I'm happy to return to favor. Jen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.