Saturday, April 30, 2011

My Library

I am doing a little something different today. It is one of those days when you are on a time schedule and you can't help but waste a little of that time? Yeah. Today is one of those times. I should be in the shower right now, and instead, I am snapping photos of my library. Fair warning - the photos you are about to view in no way represent my entire book collection. The Library is home to most of them. (View at your own discretion.) 


Children's sections are the bottom two shelves on either side.
Bookcase #2


All of my books are categorized just like the Public Library. I have a financial section, self-help, cooking, baking, sewing, picture, novels, fiction, non-fiction, children's sections. A neighborhood child remarked one day that if I set up a table like the library, people could check out books. (I was thinking - not in this lifetime.)


As you can see, I love my books. My Godchild, Jessica, once counted my cookbooks and then announced to my husband how many there were (always wanted to thank her for that! Thanks Jessica!) I guess I could mention that I have approximately 100 chocolate cookbooks in my collection. Did you not read my bio? I am addicted to chocolate.


Couldn't help the glare. This is one of a set of bookcases.

I would love to see pictures of your libraries. Do something you aren't supposed to be doing (like me) and post your pictures. Then, come back and leave a link so I can visit. 

10 comments:

  1. Donna, What a great idea, the photos. Whenever I enter a home and books are displayed I feel an additional warmth. Not to mention the fact that I immediately run over and see exactly what is on the shelf. There are never enough cookbooks, they're all great, a friend who travels for business has made a point of getting the local Chamber of Commerce cookbook where ever she goes. After 20+ years she has 100's of regional adventures in eating! Thank you for your work, all the best, happy reading and writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it! I always love looking at other people's bookhelvesand libraries! Very nice. It makes it seem very homey and comfortable

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Like the two of you, I love perusing other people's libraries. The minute I spot a bookshelf, I am drawn to it. I never fail to find a book title to write down. Other than the swing on the front porch, that yellow chair is my favorite perch and there is always a book or two and a magazine waiting there for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your library! I've always wanted my own home library but never really had the space. Most of my belived books are packed away in containers and boxes until the day I have a library like yours!

    It's so neat and organized...LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your libraries and all your bookshelves. That's the kind of house I want one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog btw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love books. There is something so wonderful about walking into a room full of them and getting that waft of musty smell from the ones that have been around for a while.
    Thank you for the great post, looking forward to reading more from you.
    Your newest follower,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the books! I started getting a lot on my kindle lately- I didn't think I'd like it, but they definitely take up less room this way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for stopping by. My collection has gotten to the point where a Kindle was a necessity. I love the smell of books. When I walk into a book store or library, I stand there and "snort" the smell like a drug addict! lol It's addicting to a book lover.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh lovely bookshelves you got there. I always enjoy peeking into other peoples' homes (:

    Thank you for stopping by at my blog last Friday! Hope to talk to you again soon (:

    Celine
    Nyx Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.