Sunday, February 13, 2011

What’s on your IPod? Track 3

Carrie Underwood performs in concert at Nokia ...Image via Wikipedia
          What's next on my IPod? How Great Thou Art, performed by Carrie Underwood. I thought it was appropriate to write about this song since today is Sunday, our Lord’s Day.
          I first heard Carrie Underwood sing this song on the Opry. Her rendition brought tears to my eyes. There is no way you can listen to this song and not have your soul ripped wide open. The audience was so spellbound that you could have heard a pin drop. As the camera scanned the faces of those in attendance, young and old, there was not a dry eye in the building. When you listen to and watch it on my IPod, you will understand why.
          I remember first hearing this song when as a child; I attended the Baptist church with my grandmother. Listening to them rock the room with their music and these words left a lasting impression on my heart. Oh, how much I wanted to be Baptist just to hear this song every Sunday. When the choir sung, it was praise and prayer, as I had never heard before.
          I have had so many prayers answered in my own life as well as prayers I have prayed for others. How can you not believe?
          Take a moment to listen to it on my IPod (to the left of this post) then look around you. ......Then sings my soul, my Savior, God to Thee, How Great Thou Art........ 

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.