Friday, February 11, 2011

What’s on your IPod? Track 2

Inside Out (Trisha Yearwood album)Image via Wikipedia
             What’s next on my IPod? She’s in love with the boy by Trisha Yearwood. This is a song about being young and in love and having the world at your feet. We’ve all been there, done that as we say.
            I have a daughter named Katie and she loved this song; we both did. It was a fun song, and she and I used to spend the drive to school singing with our make-believe microphones and at the top of our lungs. The first thing Katie would do when we hopped in the car was open up the moon-roof. It didn’t matter how hot or how cold it was outside; the moon-roof was open. When it was cold, we’d bundle up in our coats, scarves, and hats and enjoy the cold air. In the summer heat, we would crank up the a/c and cruise along.
            This song conjures up wonderful, packed away memories on many levels. It makes me happy to hear it. The song brings back a host of memories from a simpler time, when life was not so complicated.
            Take a moment to listen to it on my IPod (to the left of this post.) What other songs are on your IPod? Why are they there?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.