Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What’s on your IPod? Track 1

Statue of Liberty National Monument, Ellis Isl...Image via Wikipedia
            This title begins a new series for me. While the question may seem like an easy one, I am going to explore it a little deeper than “hey-what are you listening to?”
            Music is very personal to me. While some people are content to listen to whatever is on the radio at the time, I find that if something does not resonate with me, I am quick to change the station. As I was making the choice of what I wanted on my IPod for listening, I didn’t give it much thought. I just put some of my all-time favorites on the device (and, that is another story - me, learning to download music.) Then, as I started listening to what I had chosen while walking one day, I realized that not one or two, but all of the songs, had been chosen subconsciously. That realization got me to thinking about “what’s on my IPod” and why it is there.
            This particular road has the potential to get a little bumpy as it unfolds. I may even hit a few potholes along the way. With that being said, these are the songs on my IPod. The first song on my IPod is by Toby Keith. It is Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue (you can listen to it as you read this on the IPod  located right here on my blog.)
            This song is a no brainer. He wrote and recorded it after what America now refers to as 9/11. I think most of Americans are patriotic, and this song struck a chord with all of us. Had all of us been songwriters, this is what we would have written and this is exactly how we would have sung it, at the top of our lungs (that may be the volume I listen to it rather than his actual voice) and with the vigor in which he sang the song. The following is a part of that song.
            …..A mighty sucker punch came flying in from somewhere in the back……..Hey Uncle Sam put your name at the top of his list and the Statue of Liberty started shaking her fist and the eagle will fly…. You’ll be sorry you messed with the US of A, we’ll put a boot up your ass …. It’s the American way…..Brought to you courtesy of my red, white, and blue!
            We all wanted to march waving our flags because who did anyone think they were, daring to attack our country. After visiting the Statue of Liberty and standing at her base gazing toward the skyline where the Twin Towers no longer stand, I am confident that her fist shook to have that atrocity happen in her view. I am also confident that every eagle took flight in respect for our citizens slaughtered that fateful day. It was a sad day in the history of our proud country, one that our compatriots will not forget.




             I chose this song for my IPod because it expresses the strong feelings I have for my country, The United States of America, and I think we should all have a song that reminds us of our patriotism.
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Being a military family, we are definitely patriotic and though I like old country rather than the new stuff, that is one song that even I have sung many times at the top of my lungs!!! But maybe I am a bit too old school about not only my music, but technology as well. I can't seem to get on the MP3 bandwagon. I still buy CDs and listen to them in CD players. I had an IPod and hated it so I gave it to Jordan. While others are buying docking stations for their MP3 players, I installed an under cabinet CD player in my kitchen. I don't know what it is! I am just behind the times I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toby Keith....Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Pamela. I only have an IPod because we got it free with an order from Harbor Freight. I was using an old (people are going to laugh) Walkman with a cassette tape! I had to call Amazon because I thought I could get songs and then download them all together. Turns out, you have to download them one by one. They were so kind. They set my purchase back up for me and sent me abc instructions! I think I've the hang of it. Only last night after many trial and errors, I was able to figure out how to make it play continuously! I did learn. And I went to WMart and purchased earplugs that loop over my ears so the plugs stay in. A sad tale, I must admit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.