Tuesday, January 18, 2011

21 Days of Compliments – Day 9


       Day 9. Today is Day 9. Okay, that didn’t help to stir up any ideas. Let me try again.
       Today is Day 9 of the 21 Days of Compliments challenge. I think that this is the latest I have posted my compliment of the day since I foisted this ridiculous challenge upon myself. It’s taken me a while but I finally came up with my compliment. I thought of it about ten minutes ago when I was desperately wanting to lie down and take a nap (the Gilligan’s Island three hour tour kind as my husband refers to my naps.) I very much wanted a nap due to my early morning.
       On a normal day in the life of “me,” I have trouble finding a reason to rise from bed unless the sun is up. Today, I got up before daybreak and threw on some mix-matched clothes (well, partially threw on some clothes. I went to bed half dressed so I was ahead of the game) and headed out the door to pick up my two favorite little munchkins. We then came back home to settle in for a breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes and milk before heading out again to go to school.
       I deviate from my cherished sleep routine because of my dedication to them. And, that brings me to my compliment of the day, dedication to family and friends. I gravitate towards being a night owl so mornings can be pretty tough on me. Only my dedication could possibly roust me out of bed when it is still dark and have me on the road under foggy conditions.
       Today, on Day 9, I am giving myself the compliment of dedication to my family and friends.

My List:
   1. I am a talented organizer.
   2. I am a good baker.
   3. I am good at commitment.
   4. I am a compassionate person.
   5. I am an affectionate person.
   6. I have a good sense of humor.
   7. I am tenacious.
   8. I am loyal.
   9. I am dedicated to my family and friends.

2 comments:

  1. Something I've always thought of you is that you have a bright and lively aura. You could walk into a room of strangers and yet could talk to anyone and are always full of creative ideas that could make something out of what seems like nothing. You just always seem to have a zest for life. Something to consider that I haven't seen on your list of compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pamela. That is so very sweet of you. I will definitely take you up on your suggestions! You have given me great ideas to think about. I am enjoying your blog, especially all of the pics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.