Sunday, January 16, 2011

21 Days of Compliments - Day 7

       It’s Day 7. That means that I am one-third of my way through my 21 Days of Compliments!
       Today, I am going to focus on a second word that my cousin used in describing me. He said that I was tenacious. My first thought was how interesting a word to describe me. Since one of my hobbies is looking up word definitions, that is exactly what I did. I thought it would be interesting to address each part of the definition as it might pertain to my personality.
       The first definition I found for tenacious was a person who is determined or stubborn. They tend to stick firmly to any decision, plan, or opinion without changing or doubting it. I thought, yes, that describes me. I am quick to gather my information, process it, and then make a decision and usually come hell or high water, as they say I’m sticking to it.
       The second definition is tightly held, difficult to loosen, shake off, or pull away from. Now, this definition gave me pause. I must say that I am beginning to question exactly what he meant by describing me as tenacious.
       I found a third definition for tenacious. (Can you tell I love saying this word?) Persistent as in persisting for a long time and difficult to change, destroy, or get rid of. An example would be “a tenacious head cold.” I’ll accept this description because he knows how sick I’ve been the last year and because I am desperately trying to redeem myself here.
       Definition number four describes a tenacious person as someone who is able to remember many things. Someone capable of absorbing and retaining a large store of information and of recalling details accurately. Now, this was an interesting definition. I’ve known people who didn’t particularly care for my accuracy in recalling details. Ummmmmmm, someone is coming to mind.
       What I truly loved about this word were all of the synonyms I found in the Thesaurus. Let me provide you with a sampling of them. Stubborn, obstinate, resolute, firm, persistent, insistent, determined, steadfast, and inflexible. That’s what I’m talking about.
       All of this information left me with one MAJOR thought and that thought is, this cousin and I, well, we need to have a talk!

My List:
   1. I am a talented organizer.
   2. I am a good baker.
   3. I am good at commitment.
   4. I am a compassionate person.
   5. I am an affectionate person.
   6. I have a good sense of humor.
   7. I am tenacious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.