Thursday, January 13, 2011

21 Days of Compliments - Day 5

       Today is day 5. I am beginning to wonder if borrowing another's idea of 21 Days of Compliments was such a good idea! I am scraping the bottom of the barrel here. I may have to resort to using the letters of the alphabet if I harbor any hope of completing the journey to Day 21. I hope that if I decide to do that again, someone will leap up and stop me!
       After lots of contemplation (15 minutes of walking in the crisp, cool air) I think I came up with my compliment for today. Affectionate. I am an affectionate person.
       I absolutely love hugs and kisses! How can you not, especially when you have two little munchkins that come over three days a week that you can snuggle up with and kiss? There is truly nothing like standing at the bathroom sink together, brushing your teeth and slobbering toothpaste, with your arms around each other. What can compare with kissing another little munchkin silly and hoping that while he's giggling and laughing you can slip him his vitamin and he will chew it before he realizes what has happened? It's better than counting to two and having him ask me what would I do at three. To borrow from another one of my stories, "Uh - I dunno" (no, I didn't tell him that!) And, how about sitting in papa's chair reading a book and while turning the pages have a precious little face look up at you and say, "I love you Nana."
       I am an affectionate person and being blessed with the opportunity to share and receive affection from two of the sweetest little munchkins in the world - well, nothing compares.

My List:
    1. I am a talented organizer.
    2. I am a good baker.
    3. I am good at commitment.
    4. I am a compassionate person.
    5. I am an affectionate person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.