Monday, January 10, 2011

21 Days of Compliments - Day 2

        I was skimming down my Face Book page and noticed that someone was doing a 21 days of compliments to yourself. I thought it was a grand idea and decided to do the same with my friends because all too often, we put ourselves down rather than acknowledging our accomplishments and our talents. Yesterday, my compliment to myself was: I am a great organizer.
        Our wonderful mail carrier, Mary, just stopped by with the mail. She was dressed in a short sleeve t-shirt, while I was dressed for an arctic blast (hat, squall, gloves – you get the picture.) I thought what a contradictory choice we each made this morning. I neglected to check to see if she perhaps had the heater going full blast, as I was ogling my latest issue of Martha Stewart Living that she had just put into my eager hands. All decked out "pretty in pink" with an ice cream sundae on the front and bearing a title about loving chocolate, I instantly knew what I'd be doing after my walk - sipping a cup of hot cocoa and reading about chocolate.
        And that brings me to Day 2 of the 21 days of self-compliments. Give me a heap of chocolate and I know what do with it! I am a good baker. That is my compliment for today. What is your compliment for yourself?

My list:
        1. I am a talented organizer.
        2. I am a good baker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.