Saturday, January 22, 2011

21 Days of Compliments – Day 12

       Today is Day 12 of the 21 Days of Compliments challenge. The wonderful daughter of a close friend who has been following my blog commented with a very sweet response that also included some suggestions for my challenge.
       One of her compliments to me was that she thinks of me as a creative person. She said that she considers me someone “full of creative ideas and that I could make something out of what seems like nothing.” I have (I think we all do) loved the experience that this challenge has given me. I am hearing from people who know me and then I spend some time trying to view myself through their eyes. If you have never done this, it can be an interesting exercise.
       We see ourselves one way and probably never even think about how others see us. Some of their opinions tend to be quite enlightening and not always flattering. However, since this blog is about compliments, and searching for the good in me, it allows me to focus ONLY on the compliments that that have been given to me.
       Having Pamela (see her blog @ http://pamelamarie.blogspot.com) bring that idea to my attention got my old stagnant brain to thinking. Lot of ideas started coming back to mind that proved her theory correct. I am not always the one who comes up with an idea, but I am a person who can take someone else’s idea and run with it making it better than you ever thought it was possible. And, I have done so on many occasions.
       When my daughters were little, the mother of a friends of theirs came up with an idea to use men’s white t-shirts to make little girl’s nightshirts. She simply added different colors of eyelet trim to the bottom. When she told me this idea, my mind started racing with ideas and before the day was over, my little girls had nightshirts, coordinating hair bows and socks to match in every color of eyelet trim I could get my hands on!
       I took the simple idea that she had and further embellished it. I added the eyelet trim to the neckline and sleeves and then sponge painted (this was way back when it was all the rage) each shirt to match the trim. I then added the eyelet trim to socks and topped it off with a little matching ribbon. From there, I made each of them a matching bow for their ponytails.
       I have to thank Pamela for this compliment because it brought back a wonderful assortment of memories that I had long forgotten. Today, on Day 12, I am giving myself the compliment of being a creative person. (Thanks Pamela.)

My List:
   1. I am a talented organizer.
   2. I am a good baker.
   3. I am good at commitment.
   4. I am a compassionate person.
   5. I am an affectionate person.
   6. I have a good sense of humor.
   7. I am tenacious.
   8. I am loyal.
   9. I am dedicated to my family and friends.
 10. I am a good mother.
 11. I am an education advocate.
 12. I am a creative person.

2 comments:

  1. I remember those. It inspired me to do the same. I made some for my girls to wear over their dance gear and painted ballet slippers on them. Come to think of it, you inspired me to smock, make the ticking jumpers with the painted scenes on the skirt part, and lots more :-)

    Rhonda
    (can't remember my password at the moment to sign in...lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay - that comment was from my sister, Rhonda. By the way - thanks. Her post has also provided me with my compliment of the day which I will be posting later.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.