Wednesday, January 19, 2011

21 Days of Compliments – Day 10

       Today is Day 10 of the 21 Days of Compliments challenge. I thought long and hard about what I might write about today. Being the private person I am I wasn’t sure if I wanted to allow my readers into an extremely painful time in my life. Since the rest of my blog has not been about holding back, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and give myself the compliment of being a good mother.
       Today is my oldest daughter, Ashley’s, birthday. I cannot call and wish her Happy Birthday because she will not take my calls. I cannot mail a card to her because she will not accept it. I, however, can love her from a distance; and, that is what I have done for many years. Today is her birthday and I will celebrate the knowledge that she is happily married and the mother of two wonderful children. I will let that be enough.
       I have been a good mother, but, because I have often allowed doubts to creep in because of other’s opinions of a situation they knew nothing about, I have habitually doubted myself. But, we do the best we can in any given situation, at any particular time in our lives, and even though there are those, who may not think the best we do is good enough, we know in our hearts it was our best. That is a fact I must find a way to live with. I know that I was (am) a good mother and that knowledge gets me through the roughest of days. It is the thought that keeps me on track.
       Today, on Day 10, I am giving myself the compliment of being a good mother.

My List:
   1. I am a talented organizer.
   2. I am a good baker.
   3. I am good at commitment.
   4. I am a compassionate person.
   5. I am an affectionate person.
   6. I have a good sense of humor.
   7. I am tenacious.
   8. I am loyal.
   9. I am dedicated to my family and friends.
 10. I am a good mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.