Monday, November 1, 2010

Was it truly Serendipity? (10-11-2010)

     Serendipity; I am sure that we have all seen the movie but are you aware of the sweet little namesake shop located in Manhattan? It has a wonderful little history behind its quaint beginnings and if you Google it, you can read all about it.
That's Katie-Beth with the purple

     I have all three of their dessert books, but truly never thought I would one day sit at their charming little tables beneath the famous Tiffany lamps sipping their infamous frozen hot chocolate, but there we were! (Katie-Beth had the chocolate mousse!)

Frozen Hot Chocolate

I know I have been going on and on about this picturesque little ice cream shop but, in all of New York, this was my ah-ha moment. Jeffery and I have traveled cross-country, north and south, east and west. We have been in many cities. While each city has its own uniqueness to offer, I never thought I would ever be in New York City sitting at a table where (let’s face it – movie stars, and the rich and famous) have sat and gossiped and enjoyed time with friends and family (just insert your own ah-ha moment, this was mine.) As I sat there and gazed about this narrow little Shoppe (about 15 feet wide) at the Tiffany lamps and the knickknacks, I realized that I was in New York City in Serendipity! With my husband and daughter and son-in-law! What fun! What GREAT fun! And certainly serendipitous!

Double Chocolate Mousse
for the Princess
Tiffany Lamps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it! I read each and every response, and I love hearing thoughts and opinions from fellow bloggers, readers, and authors. If you have a blog, please leave a link so I can visit you back. Thank you.

I try to answer most comments, so if you would like to read my response, please visit often. Or, just click the "Email follow-up comments to [...]" box before publishing, to receive notification of new comments.

If you have to leave a comment anonymously, don't leave one at all. I will delete it. Own up to your thoughts.